Monday, October 15, 2012

MCOct/12 - Jingle Bells - Be Naughty

click on image to see a larger view
I was going through my latest (Oct/12) Paper & Pixels digi magazine and came across a freebie by Shelly's Images of these jingle bells. Loved it, so immediately went to my photo editing program and made the black lines the lightest color I could, then printed it onto my white card front. I then colored the image with Super Ferby's metallic colored pencils for the bells, and Prisma colored pencils for the rest, blending bought with a Lyra Splendor Blender. I went over some of the leaf sprigs with Derwent Intense watercolor pencils, and then with a semi dry water brush to give color behind the pine leaves.

Sponged the edges of the card with Distress Stormy Sky. Stamped my sentiment (Quietfire Design) with Versafine Black Onyx. Love the way it turned out.

And it fits for these challenges:
Ooh La La Creations  #116 Xmas Sentiment
Totally Stampalicious  Xmas card
Totally Gorjuss    #153 Traditional Xmas colors (that depends on whose home you come from...)

6 comments:

Debbie L. said...

Your card is beautiful and I love how you colored in the design...the sentiment is perfect..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Inspires me to get going with my watercolour pencils I recently purchased!

Sandie R said...

Beautiful card Yogi and love the sentiment.

Pamela Levingston said...

This is a beautiful Card!

Alli Devine said...

Beautiful card and wonderful colouring. Thank you for joining us in our Christmas Sentiment Challenge at Ooh La La Creations

Alli x

Mary Esther said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card! I love your coloring!