Wednesday, December 5, 2012

MC Dec/12 - Pandas - Naughty Nice

click on card image to see larger version
I can't seem to resist making Xmas cards... I have about 20% of my cards for next year made now. Sheesh!!!

Anyway, I registered on Dover Pictura, and for doing that got 3 digital sheets free - my choice. One of the sheets was a bunch of Pandas, so cute. So played with them and cut them out with my electronic cutter. Checked my scrap bin of decorated papers and came across this dry brush acrylic paint background I did eons ago which looked good with the pandas. Cardstock painted with green and when dry, dry brushed a cream acrylic paint. So paired it up with another green textured off cut and on a cream toned card base (5"w x 7"h)

The white in the pandas is actually a cut out and showed the background which I didn't like, so penciled  in the shapes and painted the area with white acrylic paint.

I thought pandas were so cute and playful and seem to get into mischief... so immediately thought of the Naughty & Nice sentiment.

Stamped my sentiment "Naughty Nice" (Quietfire Design) on white cardstock with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed, trimmed down and trimmed around the panda image, sponged a bit of Distress green using my dirty green sponge, then adhered to card. Adhered the pandas. Then stamped the sentiment at the bottom (part of this year's Xmas stamp set from Quietfire Design, had a flourished Xmas tree above the words which didn't work with my image) with the black and clear embossed.

As a final touch added 2 red circle rhinestones.

And it fits for these challenges:
Inspiration Avenue  Peace good will toward men
Kaboodle Doodles  #148 circles (hopefully those round rhinestones count... or how about is roundish black eyes, or his rounded shape...)
Everybody Art Challenge  #216 Xmas
Papertake Weekly  Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday  #91 Xmas
One Stop Craft Challenge  #207 Xmas for a guy
Opus Gluei  #145 Monkeys (OK close your eyes and visualize BIG GRIN - I don't have any monkeys so hopefully a couple cute pandas will work...)
Fab n Funky  #149  non traditional Xmas
Penny's Challenges  #105 anything goes

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like this image, gorgeous card Yogi! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Elaine Stark said...

I love pandas. A lovely card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

The Gov. said...

Cute card and Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Danke, dass du bei uns mitgemacht hast.
Viele Grüße Doreen EAC-Team

Leslie Miller said...

I've been so out of touch, Yogi. It's good to be back visiting. I love your card with the pandas. I don't know if this is the same Dover I'm signed up with. I get weekly samples with coloring pages from their books. I have lots saved to my computer and plan to post one shortly. I have a panda saved, too, but a little different from your pandas. Love how you made this into a Christmas card.

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/12/52-card-pickup-week-49.html

Electra said...

You're right, Yogi, they do look like monkeys! Thanks for joining us for this fun challenge!

Annette said...

This is a really unusual card and I love the image.
Annette
My blog : Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.
xx



Pat K said...

Wonderful non-traditional Christmas card. Great use of those gorgeous pandas....love it all.

Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this time. hugs, x

Paper Panda said...

Fab card - I LOVE giant pandas! Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge, hope to see you next time.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)