Thursday, January 17, 2013

MC Jan/13 - Heart BFly - Have I Told You...

click image for larger view
As I said in one of my previous posts, I'm LOVING this new rubber set from Suzanne at Quietfire Design. It's just glorious. And as promised here's that other card I was working on using the flourished heart, but this time I used as butterfly wings...

So I used my favorite embossing folder for the background of the card (Cuttlebug Swiss Dots).

Next two layers is Spellbinder's "Floral Ovals" sponged with Distress "Worn Lipstick" and "Fired Brick", with the larger oval being spritzed with water and dried, and the smaller on spritzed with Perfect Pearls "Perfect Pearls" mist. Between these two oval layers I adhered a white velvet red dotted ribbon.

The next layer is the heart. Quote stamped with Versafine Black onyx and clear embossed, then die cut with Spellbinder's "Nested Hearts' lightly sponged some "Worn Lipstick" around the edges to give just a ghost impression. Adhered to card with 3D adhesive squares.

Butterfly wings were cut with my electronic cutter from pearlescent vellum, then stamped with the flourished heart with Versafine Toffee and embossed with Queen's Gold. I had a couple flourishes die cut from white cardstock which I pressed into a Distress Black Soot pad, then touched with Distress Stain "Tarnished Brass", dried, and sponged a bit more black. Adhered the wings then adhered it to heart. Added the large black rhinestone for the body.

The flourishes were from Memory box "Elegant Scrollwork" and Dee's Distinctively "Flourish #1"

And it fits for these challenges:
Crafty Ribbon Challenge  #37 Love/romance

7 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

This is such a beautiful card, and if you don't mind I will use some of your ideas. Thanks for all the inspiration, don't always have the time to use it. hugs, Ursula

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-23.html?m=1

Robyn said...

fab wings Yogi!

Beth Akins said...

Great card, Yogi!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful creation yogi. Thank you for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

pinky said...

That is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Laura said...

Fab Yogi.
Thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons
Laura
:)