Friday, March 29, 2013

MC Mar/13 - Quill Ferns - With Sympathy

side view
I wanted to try this fern leaf technique and finally got around to doing it.. I first tried them using the basic onion holder and that was not easy, plus the prongs are spaced too far apart. So then I tried husking them, but that was really tedious (seems I've been doing a lot of tedious stuff this weekend...), then I decided to try it on a comb I haven't used in over 15 years... (I only brush my hair, no combing. It was used for visitors, so just goes to show, don't throw anything away...). This comb worked really well. the spacing was good and it was easy to manipulate. So will make them again.

I started with a side folded 4.25" x 5.5" cream cardstock. Stamped the fern image (Beeswax "Hill Fern") with Versafine Vintage Sepia. Quilled the fern leaves with a grass green colored paper, then spritzed it with a mix of Walnut Stain & Perfect Pearls. You can see it when you tilt the card. Looks woodsy.
frontal view

Quilled the trilliums - used to love them in the woodlands in Montreal... from white pearl strips, adding the yellow half pearl.

Stamped the sentiment (Quietfire Design) with the sepia and touched it with some Black Onyx.

Click on images to enlarge. Enjoy

No comments: