Sunday, August 4, 2013

MC Aug/13 - Quill Pine Branch - Merry Xmas


I was definitely in a quill mode today... This is the 2nd of 3 cards BIG GRIN

I'm supposed to be teaching a leaf sampler class on Thursday, and thought I'd brush up on a couple of the leaf structures I hadn't done in a while...  It would be really funny if someone asked me how I did that and I'd have to go Duh!! ROFL

Anyway am very happy with the results of this card as well.

The pine branches are husked, basically both colors done at the same time, but separately. I like having the cream paper on the outside. Normally I put it on the inside.

The card is 4.25"w x 5.5"h dark green cardstock. I stamped an Xmas text background stamp (Impression Obsession) with Versafine "Vintage Sepia" and embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang "Midnight Gold Obsidian" - what a gorgeous color... It's hard to se the dark color against the dark background, but it's really nice in real life...
side view

Layered a piece of my white Ruche paper, then adhered my quill elements.

Stamped the sentiment with Versafine "Olive" and a touch of the black, then clear embossed. Die cut using Spellbinder's oval set, sponging a bit of the olive around the edges. Adhered to card with 3D foam tape and added a few small white half pearls.

I'm using one of the newest Xmas stamps from Quietfire Design.

And it fits for these challenges:
Frosted Designs  embossing
2 Sister's Challenge  #155 anything goes
One Stop Craft Challenge  #237 keep it simple
Totally Gorjuss  #195 pearls

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! What a stunning card! I love colors. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for the Embossing Challenge!

Narelle Fasulo said...

What a fantastic card, love the quilling, you don't see much of that anymore. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

SandeeNC said...

LOVE your quilled pine branch, especially against the embossed background! thanks so much for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs Embossing challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥