Saturday, November 9, 2013

MC Nov/13 - 4 Drawer Keepsake - In Creating


http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2013/MCNov13_4DrawerKeepsake_InCreating.html
I came across a similar structure on Pinterest - but of course can't find it now... Sigh!! Anyway it was in the back of my mind lately and I really wanted to make one. So a couple days ago I started by making the drawers. Then I made the covers for each drawer, adhered the floor of the easel and then was stuck in which direction to go in...
Today I finally decided. I was in a sewing/vintage type mood and wanted to use my newest rubber stamp acquisitions the Ornate Leaves and the Black Lace both by Designs by Ryn (Canadian stamps).
http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2013/MCNov13_4DrawerKeepsake_InCreating.html

I thought this would make a great gift for a special friend. Each of the drawers contain some of the elements I used on the card.

I'm also using a couple quote stamps from Quietfire Design

And to see more details and descriptions, just click on card image and enjoy.

It also fits for these challenges:
Craft Your Passion  #187 More than 1 fold
Inspiration Avenue  something to do with Grandma's attic (since I've only had 1 grandmother who didn't have an attic this is a bit tough...) But I would image there'd be lace and buttons and those kind of things..
Divas By Design  #110 use a digi (the mannequin is a digi and the leaf silhouettes prior stamping are digis)
Penny's Challenge  #152 lots of layers
CCEE Stampers  #1345 Ribbon & lace
Moving Along with the Times  Pearls, swirlie & girlie
Crafts 4 Eternity  #149 anything but a card
Frosted Designs  Create a gift or something that holds a gift
Stampin For the Weekend  Autumn or fall colors
Crazy 4 Challenges  #211 put a frame on it (the frame is the structure around the drawers...)
Aud Sentiment  #93  feminine
Love to Scrap Challenge  #17 anything goes

http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2013/MCNov13_4DrawerKeepsake_InCreating.html

11 comments:

Shirley said...

Yogi, this is just beautiful and what special gift for someone!! Love every detail, lady!!

Janice said...

What an amazing project Yogi! This is just brilliant. Love your keepsake and it's a super entry for us at MAWTT this week, Jx

Michelle said...

Lovely. I like the little drawers and the top of it.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michlle

Amanda said...

What a fabulous project love it. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week
Love Amanda

Lydia said...

So very pretty! Love the dress form. Glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Yogi, thanks for sending me the link! Wow! This project has so many details. Love the little drawers... This is great. I will add it to a customer project blog post that I am writing today and enter your name in this month's draw for a free stamp. I've begun a monthly draw for people who send in photos of their creations using my stamps. My little way of saying thank you :)

BrendaB said...

What a fabulous project! Love the idea of including items that you used in the card in those little drawers! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

Billie A said...

I agree you can never have too much fabric or purses. I love your project. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our feminine challenge.

Barb Craft said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love all the compartments and details! Thank you for playing along with our gift challenge at Frosted Designs!

barb :)

SandeeNC said...

Fabulous job, so pretty!Thanks for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs Give a Gift challenge! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Julie said...

This is lovely - so much work has gone into this project!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Autumn / Fall Colours Challenge!

Hugs

Julie