Wednesday, February 12, 2014

MC Feb/14 - Dotted Harlequin - Love Heart

I'm really loving this harlequin eCut design by Suzanne (Quietfire Design) and can be found on the Silhouette onLine store. I had cut a few and this one was just sitting on my desk, basically in greens... But since I was making a Valentine in pinks - had to do something to it. BIG GRIN. So Swiped my Distress "Picked Raspberry" over it and got these nice streaks. Then I embossed it with my Pearlescent mix of about 3 different embossing powders. It's still not exactly what I want, but I'm getting closer. Wish they'd still make just a plain pearlescent embossing powder. Sigh!!

So I side folded a 4.25"w x 5.5"h white card. Repeatedly stamped the word Love (Quietfire Design "Life Journey Words" set) using Memento "Lilac Posies" - very bright... Then sponged some of the raspberry all over and added some "Walnut Stain". Now it was a bit to bright and dull at the same time. Another sigh. I almost started again... But then decided to use my Distress Paint "Picket Fence" over it all and that toned it down to an acceptable level. Phew!!

I then adhered my harlequin piece. Then eCut the word Love with the heart from white cardstock, coloring direct to paper with the raspberry, removing it from my mat and clear embossing it. Cut another Love word as a white shadow. Adhered it to card and to finish it off, added the purple rhinestone dragonfly.

I'm pleased. Click on image to enlarge.

And it fits for these challenges:
Card Maker Challenge  love comes easy (recipe: 1 paper, 1 heart, 1 word sentiment, 1 embellie)
Penny's Challenges  #164 monochrome
Aud Sentiment  #100 Bingo: monochrome, 2 word sentiment, texture; 1 word sentiment, 3D, die cut; No pattern paper, something shiny, 3 word sentiment.
Love to Scrap  #23 put the word LOVE on it



6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I like the streaky, shaded, pearlescent look you achieved, Yogi. The "love" stamped repeatedly in the background echoes the big, bold love statement in the foreground, and the perfectly placed rhinestone dragonfly is the ideal finishing touch.

Lorraine said...

Pink is my favourite colour......lol I love the card.

Linda Carson said...

Quite lovely! Your background is stunning!

Sandy said...

Wonderful card, great job on the background, glad you didn't give up!
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge,
Hugs,
Sandy

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Simple and beautiful! Love the e-cut design! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

sparkling stamper said...

Wow, this is stunning. You'd never know you started with green Harlequin! Great job! Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments!

kathy b