Thursday, March 8, 2018

MC Mar/18 - Easel Quill Eucalyptus - EC Beautiful - Let Your Heart Guide You

Talk about being frustrated... So I tried to upload my web page onto my website and found out my internet hosting people (ADDR.com) went kaplunk... Would have been nice if they let their customers know. Boy do I feel like swearing up a storm. I've spent quite a bit of time changing providers. And now I have to figure out how to upload all my stuff - 1000's of files...to my new provider. So this post won't direct you to my website. sigh!!!

I've been itching to do some watercolor painting... and decided to start with some Eucalyptus for my background for my quilled elements. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way this card turned out...
 

I'm using an A Way With Words dies  "Beautiful"  from Elizabeth Craft Designs, also available on Quietfire Design HERE
 

I'm also using a clear quote stamp from Quietfire Design ("Love & Hearts Collection") also available from ELizabeth Craft Designs HERE
 

Also using an electronic Font cut file from Suzanne available on Silhouette. PS it works as a regular print font for emails and in Word etc. Click image to purchase.
https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/240880


Drew my Eucalyptus image with a pencil on cold press watercolor paper, then outline with a black Sharpie pen. Painted with watercolors (Chromium Oxide, Ultramarine & Paynes Grey) and quite a bit of water...


When dry adhered my various two toned quilled flowers which have multi colored Prills centers. The quill paper is a purple tone on the outside and a light blue on the inside.
Dry embossed the border using my hard rubber mallet and a Cuttlebug narrow border embossing folder.


Die cut the "Because" from a blue cardstock, inked with Versafine Majestic Blue and clear embossed.
Created the words "You Are Special" using Suzanne Chalkline Funk font and cut with my Silhouette machine inked with the blue and clear embossed. PS I cut it in various sizes so I've got some leftovers you'll be seeing on other cards BIG GRIN.



Created my easel by scoring and folding a light Blue Bazzill Monochromatic cardstock. Cut another piece the same size as card and adhered to card, then adhered my watercolor piece.
Tied a blue variegated Sari ribbon bow.


On the floor: stamped and fussy cut the large doily (Stampin Up "Hello Doily") using Picket Fence pad and white embossing powder on white cardstock. Sponged with Distress "Weathered Wood" and adhered to floor with 3D foam tape to act as my stopper.


Stamped the quote on white cardstock with the Majestic Blue and clear embossed. Trimmed close to stamping adding the picot edge, then adhered to the light blue cardstock. Attached a couple small blue brads, then adhered to floor with 3D foam tape.



Click on any card image to enlarge Enjoy

And it fits for these challenges:
Aurora Wings  #64  Bingo:   lace/doily, glitter,  sentiment; flower, dies, button/brad; ribbon/bow, layers, fabric/thread
Card Mania Challenges  #102 embossing (both wet & dry)
Creatalicious Challenges  #134 girly or anything goes
Fashionable Stamping  #132for a  girl
Crafty Sentiments Challenge  anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge  ribbons/bows
Deep Ocean Challenge  #176 vintage/shabby chic
TTCRD  #6-12 anything goes
Pause, Dream Enjoy Challenge  #10 embossing (both wet & dry)
Penny's Challenges  #369  anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge  girl power/feminine
Aud Sentiment Challenge  #198 sentiment
We Love To Create  #6 anything mixed media



13 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Wow! It's always a treat to see your creations, and this one is no exception! What a beautiful card! Stunning image and fantastic design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

Janis Lewis said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.

Leslie Miller said...

This is really beautiful, Yogi. You drew the eucalyptus? Sheesh! Love the soft, pretty colors. How very frustrating about your internet host! When I visited (yesterday?) I clicked on your card to read about it and the site couldn't be reached, so I guess this explains it. I detest dealing with technical problems and this one sounds huge. Sorry!

Jackie Cornfield said...

fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy, Jackie DT xx

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I love the leaves you drew and your water coloring. The added quilled flowers is perfect. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Billie A said...

I'm back with my Pause Dream Enjoy hat on.. I am glad I got to see your card again. I love the card design and the monochromatic color. Great drawing and water coloring. Thanks for sharing over at PDE.
Billie A
Pause Dream Enjoy
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Sunny Day Crafting
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Terry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.nl/
Beautifull card you made, love it THank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create, hugs Terry xxx

Unknown said...

Great card.
Thanks or sharing at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina

Annemi said...

Amazing card and just love the sentiment. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

So sorry for your frustrations, Yogi but your card is absolutely exquisite! I'm really almost speechless (but never quite, LOL) Fabulous techniques and colors on every level and that sentiment tugs at my heartstrings. Amazing work! Thanks so much for playing Bingo with us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Tracy Freeman said...

That's so frustrating about your supplier.
But what a beautiful card, your quilling looks gorgeous.
Thank you sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Have a great day x

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous - good luck to you and sorry for the late comment - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty - Michelle x

Jannie said...

I am so sorry that has happened to you!
Love the card you have created!

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie